Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

We're terribly fond of themed events here at Lightbulb Cuisine, so to us, holidays are the bees knees! And this fluffy bunny cake is the pièce de résistance for any Easter feast. Don't load up on ham and potatoes, because this coconut cake is a crowd pleaser.

For the coconut cake you will need:
  • 2 tsp. shortening
  • 4 tsp. sugar
  • 6 teaspoons milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • dash salt
  • 6 teaspoons flour
For the finishing touches you will need:
  • prepared vanilla or cream cheese frosting
  • shredded coconut
  • candies, fruit and colored sugar to decorate
Preheat oven for 15 minutes. Grease and flour two Easy Bake pans. Cream together shortening and sugar. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add baking powder, salt and flour. Mix well until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pans. Bake each for 12 to 15 minutes or until sides separate from pan. Cool and remove from pans.

Cut one cake into the ears and bow tie shapes as shown. Frost cakes and sprinkle with coconut. Add candies to decorate and voila! A whimsical bunny cake fit for a fabulous Easter feast!

That's Easy Baking!

Have a wonderful holiday! Love, Cookie B.

12 comments:

Carma Sez said...

cute!

Stopping by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being part of this vibrant community of bloggers.

carma :-)

The Diva on a Diet said...

Cookie, you've outdone yourself! He's magnificent, love it! :)

said...

What an adorable cake!

p.s. Welcome to the SITS community - we're so pleased that you've joined us!

Julie said...

I can't believe you made that in an easy bake oven! Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community :)

Brandy said...

So cute! I love that it only uses one cake mix and is easy to do.

Welcome to SITS!

Anonymous said...

Cute bunny cake.

Welcome to SITS!

Lesley said...

I find it so amazing...the gourmet cuisine that comes out of easy bake ovens....Welcome to SITS...so glad you are here...and please stop by my place for a great giveaway....

Just Lisa said...

I find this so cool for some reason!

I came by to welcome you to SITS!

mosey (kim) said...

Boy do I wish I'd found you a little earlier today (followed you over here from Conversation with a Cupcake). Love your blog - so sweet! I linked to you here - hope it's okay by you!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh my gosh - that's so cute! And anything with coconut is okay in my book!

Dropping by to welcome you to SITS - glad to have you join us!

angi_b72 said...

Welcome to SITS!!! Glad to have you and hope to see you around!!

Tiffany said...

I've done a couple of Easy Bake recipes on my blog, but I haven't gotten this inventive. We had an incident with the pigs in a blanket. Hot dog stuck to a light bulb makes an interesting odor. Cool blog you have!