Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's time for a FIESTA!

It's Cinco de Mayo, so what a tremendous time for a Mexican feast. Don't you agree?!

Here at Lightbulb Cuisine, we think the beauty of Mexican fare is that all the elements are interchangeable. The meat, beans, tomatoes and cheese all get along in any combination. It's all good. So please feel free to go crazy with your combinations!

In an earlier entry, I mentioned reserving leftover meats. Today's fiesta is a perfect excuse for using up those leftovers. Grab the chili, the ground beef, the chicken...you name it! Today's fiesta features nachos, bean dip and chili quesadillas. Ole!

Nachos
Sprinkle some grated cheddar and/or monterey jack on tortilla chips and pop them into the oven until the cheese is melted.

Bean Dip
Fill a melting cup with refried beans and place on the warmer and cover. Heat throughout. Top with cheese and alow to melt.

Quesadillas
Preheat the oven for 15 mitnues. Spray a pan with oil and layer in a soft tortilla shell; a tablespoon of leftover chili or seasoned groud beef or spiced chicken; grated cheddar and/or monterey jack; and finally another tortilla. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp. Remove from oven an sprinkle with a pinch of cheese and allow to melt. Cut into triangles.

Serve with guacamole and enjoy! Es bueno!
That's Easy Baking!
Love, Cookie B.

6 comments:

Veriance said...

Es Mexicellente!

Nan-Nan said...

YEA! I just found you! I LOVE this!!! What a FANTASTIC concept for a blog! I am 50 and can remember my EBO from the 60's like it was yesterday. Wish I still had it. Thanks for bringing back the memories. i am gonna LOVE following YOU!!!!! I may have to get on Ebay and find one like I had..... sigh

Nan-Nan said...

BTW- I am Heather Cherry's mom! She told me all about you!

The Diva on a Diet said...

I want that fiesta plate right now, especially that quesadilla. It all looks so yummy! Ole.

:)

Anonymous said...

Cookie -
Cletus loved them nachos and beans. Unfortunately, about two hours after eatin' nachos and beans with beer Cletus gets the runs. We had to clear outta the trailer for the night. Lookin' forward to more recipes soon.
- Tammy

Cookie Brochette said...

It was a definitely a Mex-llent feast! Yum!

Nan-Nan, I'm so glad you could join me. Thank you!

Watch for the EBO giveaway!